8 ounces gluten free elbow macaroni
2 cups cooked, diced chicken
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup gluten free flour
1 tablespoon dry ranch seasoning powder
1 3/4 cups milk
3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup gluten free Panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
Ranch dressing, for drizzling over the top
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. While the macaroni is cooking, melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and ranch seasoning mix. Cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the milk and hot sauce and whisk to combine. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, for about 8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened to the consistency of a gravy.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and all of the mozzarella cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. Add the chicken and salt to the cheese sauce and stir to coat.
4. Add the cheese sauce to the macaroni and stir to coat. Pour macaroni and cheese into a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese, panko and green onions.
5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until bubbly.
6. Serve immediately with ranch dressing and extra hot sauce, if desired.